Saturday 18 September 2010

Wisley Hosta Shocker!

We're camping at the moment in sunny Surrey for our anniversary and visited Wisley today. I was a bit reluctant 'til now as I for some mad reason I thought my gardening expertise wasn't up to the lofty standards of the RHS, but then I thought hang on you're an A grade student, pull yourself together and get your butt down there. So that's what we did and it was well worth the journey as the orchards were lovely in the mellow September sun and I was secretly comforted by the fact that even at the great and wonderful Wisley the slugs and snails have had their way with the Hostas! I know, I'm really sad. Nevertheless the rest of the gardens were absolutely beautiful and there were lots of activities going on including a fab sculpture exhibition with pieces dotted around the grounds - all unfortunately way out or our price range and too large to get in the car.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment