Sunday 12 September 2010

Allotment Ballet Dancing

We hosted a little get together on the allotment today so that we could meet our fellow allotmenteers. We're quite lucky that ours is plot 1, the first on the site as you enter, which means we don't have to travel far to get there but also means that we don't get to see any of the other diggers and growers unless we happen to see them coming through the gate. It was a great afternoon/evening and it was generally agreed that we should do it more often, so hopefully someone will suggest it again soon.
We'd asked everyone to bring a drinking receptacle and were really chuffed when people turned up with gifts of seeds and beans, wine, cake and a stove for making tea. For the first time I really felt part of a community. The conversation covered many subjects including the fact that if a stranger asks me what I do for a living I say I'm a ballet dancer (it's amazing what people will believe), which caused much hilarity considering my natural grace and elegance!!!
Lovely day & great folk.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment