Sunday 13 June 2010

When Is A Pelargonium A Geranium?

When the client orders white geraniums, that's when and because geraniums are part of the same family. I was chauffeur driven by the lovely B to the roof terrace in SW7 this morning to plant up 24 of the little buggers. I bought them before my trip to Yorkshire and they had to sit in the garden at the mercy of the elements/kindly neighbours armed with watering cans for a week. They were a little worse for wear when I got back as they, like me, had been rained on almost constantly. Never mind, after a little deadheading and general TLC they were good to go and they should flourish in their new location. For the next visit I have to research how to espalier a fig tree as I think the one they have has been left to it's own devices for a while, not that I think anything can be done while it's carrying fruit but I do love a challenge and am learning all the time.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment