Sunday 20 June 2010

Bite Me!

Today was our second visit to the allotment for some more hack and slash therapy. We were cutting and raking for a good five hours or so and managed to unearth all manner of things including a huge metal trolley, which is still stuck under the hedge as it's too big to lift out, a drawer (yes, a single drawer complete with brass handle), around thirty old beer cans, approximately ten metres of plastic skirting board, a flour tin, letter tray and three golf balls! Plus, as you can see from the attached pic, all manner of other clutter and rubbish. B got around behind the shed and tackled all the nettles while I hacked away at the brambles to find our boundary line only to discover that the nissan hut is actually in the centre of the plot, not off to the left hand side! B thinks there's an old victorian bath in the brambles on the other side, so many joys yet to discover!
Despite having achieved a lot today I'm sitting here feeling slightly less than happy and slightly set upon. Why is it that despite my best efforts (and a blemish-free partner), I've managed to turn myself into an all-you-can-eat buffet for every bug and bitey thing a-going? I have a bite on my arm the size and shape of a small red and very itchy egg - no amount of insect repellent seems to help and I'm beginning to take it all very personally. Grrrrrr!!
LxXx

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Great to see your allotment at last and it looks like you have both done a lot of work. Well done. We look forward to seeing it next year when you plant out and start to produce your home grown crops. I also look forward to reading your blog on your allotment, all the up's and the very occassional down. Pop's of Norwich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pops
    Thanks for taking a look. As I say, it's a good way of finding out what I've been up to. Will keep you posted. Speak soon.
    LxXx

    ReplyDelete