Friday 18 June 2010

Judge Not Your Neighbours

The head of our resident's association popped round last night to say that he'd put me forward as one of the judges for the local gardening competition as he knew I was doing my RHS certificate and was impressed by what we'd done with the front garden. I was really chuffed that he'd thought of me. As it turned out, however, the council have a full panel of judges, which is great as it means I can still enter the contest and am due to be visited by the panel on Friday 2nd July - how exciting! I'm not expecting to win as our planting is a bit free and easy, but we do tick a lot of environmental boxes such as composting and growing vegetables. We also have an insect house in our tree and are mulching our own leaves, so I'm sure that will all help. Anyway, we'll see - will let you know of course.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment