Friday 6 August 2010

A Dose Of Chelsea Physic

Went to the Chelsea Physic Garden today as I was in the area picking up my mate Luce from Victoria coach station. Neither B or I'd be en before so we had a picnic in the grounds and a good wander around. As it was Jamaican Independence Day today (congrats Jamaica) they had a trio playing traditional songs which was cool. The garden's been displaying produce and plants from the Caribbean for a while now so it all tied in nicely and it was really interesting to see what things such as plantain and millet look like before they're picked and processed. I also really liked the way the flower beds on the left of the entrance were laid out in families showing all the flowering dicotelydon varieties. It's not often you get to see so many varieties of a species in the same place. I also really liked the poisonous garden - especially the signs warning people not to eat the plants. Not sure about you but I usually use the restaurant if I'm hungry!
My only regret was that everything was a little past it's best, so will definitely be go
ing back again next spring/summer.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment