Wednesday 12 May 2010

B's First Harvest!

B's veg patch has yielded it's first crop of radishes - yay! The asparagus pees are well on their way and the turnips are also doing their thing. B's also planted up some mixed salad leaves and carrots from her Dig In seed pack and they've just started to sprout - I can't wait to cut the first leaves (sorry, for B to cut the first leaves). We also have far too many tomato plants, 4 different varieties, 2 bush and 2 ordinary. We've been giving the extras to passing neighbours as we just don't have the space for them all.
I'm not involved in veggie production and I find it really difficult to keep my nose out. I'm allowed to do the odd bit of weeding and watering and am desperately trying not to give my opinion. I'm sticking to the flowers, but it's soooo hard not to interfere! Are all gardeners control freaks or is it just me?
I've taken down the cold frame as everything has been nicely hardened off and the weather should be getting better soon (fingers crossed) and the squirrels are finding the tomato and courgette seedlings very interesting and every morning we awake to find that they've been removed from the pots and scattered all over the front terrace - what joy!
LxXx

2 comments:

  1. It was you who said that the veg patch was 'my thing' & that you wouldn't interfere... I guess you had no idea how hard it would be to keep your hands off! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me! I was very tempted to have a little fiddle around in there today, but I scared next door's cat off instead.
    LxXX

    ReplyDelete